These wonderful crostinis are ready in 30 minutes serving 16
Flavors really blend, garlic rub on bread enhances and tickles the taste buds! -Enjoy with your favorite sparkling wine or champagne.
- 1thin French baguette
- olive oil
- 1garlic clove, cut in half
- 1lb shrimp, de-shelled, de-veined, no tails
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 1Spanish onion, diced
- 1red bell pepper, diced
- 1tablespoon parsley, minced
- 2tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1lemon, juice of, to taste
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice baguette on the diagonal into 1/4 inch slices. Lightly brush one side of slices with olive oil and rub with cut clove of garlic. Place on baking sheet and toast in oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat. Add garlic, onion, and red pepper and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes until translucent. Add shrimp and sauté until shrimp curls and just turns pink. Remove from heat immediately.
- Place cooked shrimp, onion, and red pepper in food processor. Add parsley, mayonnaise, Parmesan, and lemon juice and pulse until shrimp is chopped, but do not puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture onto toasted baguette slices. Garnish with minced parsley