- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 10-12 hard-cook large eggs, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup finely chopped scallions (w/ greens)
- 1/4-1/2 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/4-1/2 cup minced fresh dill
- 8 ounces cream cheese, soft
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 6 ounces salmon caviar
Whisk mayonnaise and butter in a bowl and fold in eggs, celery, onion, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread egg salad into an oiled 8-inch springform pan. Sprinkle scallions, chives, and dill across the top of egg salad.
Stir together cream cheese and sour cream in a separate bowl until smooth. Gently spread cream cheese mixture over herbs.
Cover and chill for at least 8 hours.
Prior to serving, run a knife around edge of pan and remove side. Spread caviar decoratively across the top of torte. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with Gluten free crackers, cucumber slices, pumpernickel toasts or crostini